This is a great Mexican inspired recipe for leftover vegetables, on Taco Tuesday, or any night of the week!
· 2 each corn tortilla 6"
· 1/4 ounce fresh red onions julienned
· 4 Tbsp vegetarian refried beans
· 1-1/2 cup fresh broccolini
· 3/4 ounce fresh red bell peppers julienne
· 1 ounce fresh zucchini squash sliced thin
· 1 ounce fresh corn kernels husk removed
· 2 each fresh garlic cloves peeled, crushed
· 1/2 tsp chili powder
· 5 each fresh cherry tomatoes quartered
· 1 tsp fresh cilantro chopped
· 1/2 ounce queso fresco cheese
· 1 Tbsp canola oil
1. Place the tortillas on a sheet pan and place into a 350F oven for 7-10 minutes or until they turn golden brown and become stiff. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
2. Heat the refried beans to 165F.
3. Roughly chop the Broccolini (including stem). Place into a bowl with other vegetables, chili powder and oil. Coat the vegetables well with the oil and roast on a sheet tray for 10-15 minutes.
4. Build the Tostadas: Spread 2 Tbsp beans over each tortilla. Divide the roasted vegetables evenly between the tostadas. Garnish with queso fresco, tomato quarters and cilantro (including stems).